MEMBERSHIP IN THE SOCIETY:
Your membership helps us to carry out programs to preserve the history of Huron County. The Huron County Historical Society also acknowledges the financial support of the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Recreation. Membership fees are $20.00 per year.
The Society is a non-profitable charitable corporation and offers tax-deductible receipts for additional donations of over $10.00.
- To bring together persons interested in preserving the history of our County and its people: to stimulate interest on our local history.
- To discover, collect, classify, and preserve any material concerning the history of Huron County and its people.
- To make this material available, as much as feasible, to anyone wishing to do historical research.
- To hold meetings for the presentation and discussion of papers and projects.
- To publish local historical material.
- To cooperate with other groups having the same mandate and to assist with the preservation of historic buildings, sites and monuments.
- Newsletters outline meetings, current status of projects and topical historical talks and presentations and items of interest.
- Complementary copy of our annual Historical Notes issued since 1965. Previous editions of Notes are available at the Huron County Museum at a nominal charge.
- Online access to the Historical Notes Archive. Volumes 1 thru 45 (1965 - 2009) of the HCHS Notes are searchable and readable online at the HCHS website.
- Entertaining and informative evening meetings held from April to October throughout the County, with guest speakers presenting local historical topics. Followed by light refreshments and socializing.
- A field trip by bus, or a special dinner meeting, is normally held in June to enjoy historic site visits.
- Access to our archives in Goderich at the Huron County Museum with the assistance of our volunteer archivists.
- Through our membership in the Ontario Historical Society, access to province-wide information on programs, publications and conferences.
Printer Friendly Form:
Click here for the membership application form in Adobe PDF.
Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 (or higher) is required to open and view any Adobe PDF files. Please visit the link below to obtain your free copy of this software.